Friday, October 21, 2016

A little more...


Life has continued to be immeasurably more for me - challenges and joys and everything in between. It's hard to summarize but here goes...

I am so thankful for the amazing birthday wishes that came my way this week; it is humbling to be encouraged, surrounded, and loved by such wonderful family and friends who are family.  Thank you; I am so unbelievably grateful!  

This September was a bit of a rough start in our house: from the youngest two adjusting to full time school to the eldest taking on a whole new workload at school, we were stretched in new ways.    Here are a few photos of the boys in some of my favourite places: 
With Bart at Heritage Park
At the new Quarry Park Library  
Ice Cream at Fish Creek Park
The boys are starting to establish their routines and it's amazing to see how much they are learning each day.  I am still finding out what this new chapter looks like for me all while continuing volunteering, coaching and connecting as I had in previous stages of the game (the motherhood game?  Doesn't quite fit (at all) but I am lacking in a better metaphor so for the moment, I'm going to roll with it).      

Since I am behind in posting to instagram, facebook, etc, I am excited to announce here that my dear friend Elizabeth Anderson who is an author, a speaker, a Lt. Governor's True Grit award winner (I could go on and on because she is so amazing... but you can also read more on her site) asked me to be the artist for her latest book, a colouring book: the ABCs of Being Mentally Healthy.  The photos below are from her book launch earlier this month.  


I am very excited about her book and the honour to illustrate for her project - and here I could go on and on again, but for now can just recommend that you pick one up :).

There's so much more I would write about - the wonderful visit with my parents, the summer and fall adventures and visits, the ups and downs of life with boys in grades 1 through 6, the new beginnings of this year... but the boys are almost done school and there's a load (or 4) of laundry I need to tackle before the busyness ensues.  So I will leave you with a blessing for your day...

Walk in His presence today. Delight in Him. In due time, He will satisfiy the deepest desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!